Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

I'm a chocolate chip cookie fanatic who usually has some sort of cookie dough in my fridge. And as any untreated chocolate chip cookie-aholic, I also enjoy indulging in cookie cakes. I think it's hard to find store-bought cakes that taste good and aren't crumbling all over the place when served. If I'm wrong and I've been missing out on the best place to get cookie cakes in Richmond--someone please enlighten me!

So for my sister's recent graduation from high school I decided to make my own Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake for the occasion.

























Call me Lucille Bluth - I made a pun.

I used a 12 inch spring-form pan that are typically used for making cheesecake, but it worked out well here! It ended up baking it for about 30 minutes, checking it constantly. Once it cooled, I just popped the outer ring of the spring-form pan off and there it was! It was perfectly soft and chewy at about an inch thick. Keywords: soft and chewy.

My decorating skills are another story...but this was for a UVA-themed cake, so it obviously couldn't look amazing.






















Just kidding, love ya sis! Go Hoos!



Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
Adapted from Food.com 

  • 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
  • ½ cup sugar
  • ⅔ cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups flour, plus 4 tablespoons flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup semi-sweet hocolate chips
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter and sugars together in a large mixing bowl.

2. Add eggs and vanilla to the butter and sugar mixture. Beat well.

3. Mix flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar in a separate smaller bowl.

4. Add dry ingredients to the larger bowl and mix until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.

5. Spread dough into a 15 ½ inch round pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool completely before decorating, removing from the pan, or cutting.

Note: you can also spread dough into a spring-form pan, pressing against the sides evenly. It takes a little longer to bake, around 30 minutes. Be sure to watch it and remove from the oven when almost set.

0 comments:

Post a Comment