Aruba: Green Iguana Cocktails

In my original post recounting the PG details of our honeymoon in Aruba, I commented on our snorkel tour with Red Sail Sports:
"During our snorkel tour, which began at 8 in the morning and included an open bar, we fell in love with their signature drink called the 'Green Iguana' (aptly named since we saw probably hundreds of iguanas roaming the island and our resort all week). Needless to say, it was a sleepy afternoon on the beach. I need to find this drink recipe. Need to."
More than two years later, I received the ingredient list from Red Sail and somehow miraculously recreated it. It's pineappley, coconutty goodness makes the perfect cocktail for lounging poolside or happy hour after a long, hot day on the beach.






















^ ^ my sister-in-law may have a future career in hand modeling :o)





Green Iguana Cocktail
makes 1 drink

  • 3 ounces pineapple juice
  • 1 ounce orange juice
  • 1 ounce cream of coconut*
  • 1 ounce rum
  • 1 ounce vodka
  • ½ ounce creme de banana
  • ½ ounce Blue Curaçao or blue grenadine
  • 1 splash triple sec

1. Combine all ingredients over ice in cocktail shaker and shake.

2. Pour into glass over ice.

Note: 1 ounce = 1 shotglass 
*Available in the cocktail mixer aisle at your grocery store (not found in liquor stores)

3 comments:

  1. so glad I got to enjoy these this weekend! we need to make them again before summer is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I started my Green drink, It tasted horrible to me at first. Then, someone told me that when your body is highly acidic it's not going to taste good until your body becomes more alkaline. Well, it happened to be the case for me and It started to taste a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks had these in Aruba in 1996 and remembered how good they were. Asked for the recipe but forgot it they were to good and had many lol

    ReplyDelete