However, brie season is not fleeting. Thankfully, it's year round (or in my case, every week). I usually have a small wedge of double creme brie in my fridge. It's softer and more buttery than regular brie. But when we were having friends over for dinner on Saturday, I went all out and purchased the full round. I figured that combining brie with peaches was going to be the dreamiest appetizer ever. And it was.
It's as simple as simple gets. Chop some peaches. Chop some pecans. Mix them together with honey and brown sugar. Top it on a round of brie. Bake it until melty and gooey.
Peach & Pecan Baked Brie
- 1 8 ounce round of double cream brie
- 1 ½ peaches, washed and diced (half peeled)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 package thin crackers or 1 baguette, sliced
2. In a microwave safe bowl, add peaches, sugar and honey. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir to combine and microwave for an additional 30-45 seconds.
3. Spread the peach mixture on top of the brie, piling up and allowing the peaches to spill over the sides.
4. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until the brie is soft. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.