Sonoma Chicken Salad

Hello there! It has clearly been quite a while since I have posted anything on my little site, but I've had a lot going on. The past few months have been busy for us with new jobs, a new house, and a new baby on the way!

Needless to say, my schedule has been busy and my appetite has been off, so my posting was...non-existant. I've been eating a lot of standard, simple things (chicken, chili, pork, veggies, rice) and being in between kitchens, I didn't quite have the means to be inspired or the equipment to try anything new.

I guess that all changed the other day when the temperature finally stayed above 50 degrees for more than one minute. I found myself mashing up two of my favorite chicken salad recipes: Whole Foods with grapes and pecans and Ukrop's classic tarragon chicken salad.

































I picked up about a pound of shredded, cooked chicken and mixed it together with Duke's mayonnaise, sliced celery, sliced grapes, chopped tarragon, and a little bit of mustard.



This chicken salad is fabulous on a salad, on a cracker, on a sandwich, or alone!



So while I will continue to have a lot going on this year, my posts are probably to be sporadic and rather inconsistent. But I still plan to pop on here when the time is right and when I have something worthwhile to share - like a chicken salad mashup, obviously.

Sonoma Chicken Salad
makes about 3-4 cups

  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, shredded or chopped
  • 1 cup Duke's mayonnaise
  • 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved 
  • 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
  • 2-3 tablespoons chopped tarragon leaves
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • Salt/pepper/garlic powder/onion powder to taste

1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Serve chilled on bread, crackers, or a salad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment