Caramel Apple Crunch Dip

I used to work at this amazing Italian restaurant during college called Zeppoli's. I didn't do much cooking in college, but looking back, I really think this place helped spark my passion for cooking and trying new things. Growing up a picky eater, I didn't even like marinara sauce when I started working there in 2007. Anyway, if you're ever visiting down in Hokie land, you will thank yourself for checking it out. The pastas, sauces, bread, etc. are homemade and authentic. I'll have some upcoming posts where I attempt to copycat a few of their delicious sauce recipes :)

This sweet and savory Caramel Apple Crunch Dip was featured as an appetizer at one of the many wine tastings I worked. I always secretly wished I was the one doing the drinking and eating instead of the pouring...




Caramel Apple Crunch Dip 

  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 jar caramel sauce
  • 1 (11 ounce) bag Heath bits
  • 6 Gala or Fiji apples, cored and sliced

1.  Spread cream cheese out thinly on serving platter.  Refrigerate for 1 hour before continuing.
 

2.  Once cream cheese is no longer soft, pour about half the jar of caramel sauce into the center of the cream cheese and let it spread out on its own to lightly cover the cream cheese layer.  Once it settles, you can add more needed.  Sprinkle toffee bits over the caramel topping and refrigerate for 15 minutes before enjoying with sliced apples.  Serve as appetizer or dessert. 






0 comments:

Post a Comment