Graduation Present Ideas

I saw a lot of cute graduation pictures on Facebook and Instagram this weekend, and knew graduation season was here. I immediately shut them all out of my head, trying not to think of the amount of time that has passed since my own high school and college graduations. I've (we've) done a lot to be proud of since then, but time is flying and it's scary!

With many more graduations happening over the next two months, I asked myself: what does one get for the graduate who has everything (or, more realistically these days, nothing)? Here are some graduation present ideas, from my brain to yours.


Whether it's keys to an office, studio apartment, or a dorm room, chances are your graduate's key collection is going to grow. This Gold Wishbone Keychain will keep it classy.

Every graduated gal needs a fancy La Mer Layer Wrap Watch.

I saw this New York Times bestseller in Anthropologie and thought it would be neat to have for planning future excursions. 36 Hours: 150 Weekends in the U.S.A & Canada 

Illustrators Jen Adrion and Omar Noory have a site that offers made-to-order, adorable custom maps, perfect for the excited grad ready to embark on their adventure in a new city, or the nostalgic grad missing their roots.

I am obsessed with Brian Andreas and his Story People. Some people might find these drawings and messages odd, but I love the hidden meaning in each of them and how many can strangely and beautifully apply to my life. Check out his Graduation Gallery for some great frames and prints.

These are the cutest notecards you'll ever see - great for the endless thank you notes they'll be tasked with writing. Heck...they might even write you an "I miss you" card for no reason -- they're that darn cute.

Both guys and girls are going to need dishes for new apartments, including cups that aren't red, flimsy, and usually seen with a dirty ping pong ball inside. Tervis Tumbler has got you covered. They have a huge selection of collegiate and sports-themed cups - we use our Virginia Tech and Boston Red Sox ones daily. I already gave my graduating sister these for Christmas, so I'll have to come up with something else.

I'm always packing my trusty Longchamp Le Pliage large tote with things for work, the gym, overnights, anything. That bag or a nice Hervé Chapelier nylon bag would be a great gift for a grad moving to a new city or starting a new job.

Everyone needs a slowcooker. Whether your grad is having friends over for the game, or just wanting better food than Ramen...they'll thank you for this. And they can make chili in it. Win-win.

Tired of listening to tunes via laptop speakers? Me too. Cute, functional speakers for the iPod are a great gift for the graduate's dorm room new apartment.

I'm also working on a fun DIY project that could be used as a graduation present...if it turns out well (fingers crossed), I'll share it here next week!

Did you ever receive a particularly good graduation gift? Let me know in the comments section!

0 comments:

Post a Comment