Baked Tomato Basil Salmon

Ugh, Monday again? Will you ever stop? The only enjoyable thing I find about this day of the week is it means grocery shopping was done yesterday. And I won't have to go back for at least two days. I'm finding salmon irresistible lately. But I'm growing weary of our typical ways of preparing it (either baked with lemon or with sweet and sour rub). Brian found this a Baked Tomato Basil Salmon recipe and we decided to tweak it a bit and try ourselves. We make a pretty good team, if I do say so myself...he does the research, and I execute in the kitchen. :o)



It's like Olive Garden meets Red Lobster up in here. So easy and delicious, but I think it could be restaurant-worthy if I added a nice balsamic glaze to it. Ah, next time...

See below for self-explanatory, step-by-step photos!










Tomato Basil Salmon

  • 2 six ounce boneless, skinless salmon fillets
  • 1 tablespoon dried oregano
  • 2 minced garlic cloves
  • 10 grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered or halved
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
  • Salt, black pepper to taste
  • Juice of 1 lemon (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a piece of aluminum foil, and spray with nonstick cooking spray or coat with olive oil.

2. Place the salmon fillets onto the foil. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.

3. Sprinkle with minced garlic, then layer fresh basil leaves and tomato slices. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese on each filet.

4. Bake in the preheated oven until the salmon is opaque in the center but flaky, and the cheese is lightly melted on top, about 12-13 minutes. Squeeze with fresh lemon juice (optional).

0 comments:

Post a Comment