Frozen Food Friday: Sweet Potato Fries























I've attempted to bake sweet potato fries in the oven before and was unsuccessful. They did bake...but never "crisped" at all, which left me with basically mushy slivers of sweet potatoes. I'm blaming my oven, because apparently baking sweet potatoes into a "fry" format is a thing and plenty of folks do it. It's unfortunate that I don't own a Fry Daddy; that would absolutely help in making delicious french fries.

While on the subject of delicious french fries, featured on today's Frozen Food Friday are these Sweet Potato Fries from (where else?) Trader Joe's.


These. Are. So. Addictive.

I keep a bag or two of these starchy orange sticks in the freezer at all times. They bake in less than 25 minutes and are easily customizable. Sometimes I'll sprinkle them with cinnamon...other times, with chili powder and paprika. I'm not sure which I enjoy more!



Now that summer is unofficially here, definitely keep these on hand for those impromptu cookouts you know you'll be hosting. They are the perfect crunchy side to complement that juicy burger.

For Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries: once the fries have finished baking, remove the pan from the oven and set on a flat surface. With a spatula, gently push fries together towards one end, so they are touching but not on top of each other. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon over fries. Carefully flip fries (I've found being rough can cause them to break and mash together) and sprinkle another 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.

For Spicy Sweet Potato Fries: once the fries have finished baking, remove the pan from the oven and set on a flat surface. With a spatula, gently push fries together towards one end, so they are touching but not on top of each other. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon of paprika over fries. Carefully flip fries (I've found being rough can cause them to break and mash together) and sprinkle another 1/2 teaspoon chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon of paprika. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Let cool and serve with ketchup.

1 comments: