Berry Banana Smoothie

Yesterday was the first day of spring, and it couldn't have come sooner.  The days are getting longer and my spirits higher. We celebrated in high fashion last night with my favorite Berry Banana Smoothie.

I've had a lot of "fruit" smoothies that have ended up with more milk or yogurt (or even ice cream) than actual fruit. For some reason I always feel like I'm drinking a strawberry milkshake. That's why I've decided that non-dairy smoothies are the best smoothies, allowing the fruit flavor to dominate the taste buds. I always have bananas, frozen fruit, and juice (I prefer Simply Apple) on hand for a quick and healthy treat in the warmer months. This smoothie is non-dairy, vegan, and chock full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants - a great way to start the new season!

...And then I woke up this morning to snow. Oh well. Save it for a rainy sunny day.




Berry Banana Smoothie

  • 1½ cups cubed ice
  • 1 whole banana
  • 2 cups strawberries
  • ⅔ cup raspberries
  • ⅔ cup blackberries
  • 1 cup apple juice

1. Combine all ingredients into blender and blend on high until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment