Light Lunch Wraps

I've been away from Richmond the past few weekends enjoying reunions with friends. I met up with my high school best friends in D.C. for St. Patrick's Day, and last weekend I was back in my college hometown of Blacksburg, Virginia for my sorority's 40th reunion celebration. I love traveling and catching up with old friends, but all the eating, drinking, and talking sure is exhausting to the body. At least it is to mine. Maybe I'm just old.

We ate well in D.C. (Jojo's, Big Bear Cafe, One Fish Two Fish) and also in Blacksburg (Zeppoli's, Cabo Fish Taco, Lefty's Grill). After I ate my weight in my most favorite appetizer in the entire world, Cabo Fish Taco's Shrimp & Crab Dip, I came to a realization that after my recent binge-eating adventures, it would be wise to pack some light lunches for the coming week to get back on track.

I created these Light Lunch Wraps, which I can say keep me full for the afternoon and provide a healthier alternative to any other sandwich. They're not complicated at all to make - see below!

For these wraps, pick up flat bread from the grocery store (I like Flatout Bread in spinach) and lay one "slice" out on your counter space. Spread one *magical 35-calorie* wedge of Laughing Cow cheese on the bread. It's really magical.



Top with two or three slices of your favorite deli lunch meat and your choice of veggies - I like to add cucumbers for a nice crunch.




I feel better already, don't you?


 
Light Lunch Wraps

  • 1 flat bread
  • 1 wedge Laughing Cow cheese spread
  • 2-3 slices of deli meat
  • Additional toppings of your choice: cucumbers, spinach, tomato, etc.

1. Spread 1 wedge of Laughing Cow cheese onto a piece of flat bread.

2. Top with deli meat and additional toppings.

3. Roll from right to left and cut in half.

0 comments:

Post a Comment