Crab Cake Remoulade Sauce

I've always been a seafood lover, of crab cakes in particular. I can't resist ordering them when out to dinner, and we started buying the frozen crab cakes from Philip's or Trader Joe's for easy, light weeknight dinners. Although they aren't homemade, we still enjoy them seasoned with Old Bay (obviously), garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. After a few times of eating them plain, I felt they needed just a little something else and started looking at different remoulade recipes online for inspiration.

I ended up creating a very easy mayonnaise-based seafood sauce that I now always use on our crab cakes. 

For this sauce, I start with the three amigos.


If you're cooking for two, like I usually am, I mix just about two tablespoons of Duke's and one tablespoon of Gulden's Spicy Brown Mustard in a small bowl. It's not exact every time, but I like to make it ⅔ mayo and ⅓ mustard. Add in a few drops of Worcestershire sauce. If there's hot sauce in my fridge, I sometimes add in 2-3 drops of that, too.

Then, mix it all up. 

I let it chill in the fridge while the crab cakes are cooking, then when they are nice and hot, place a dollop on top.



Enjoy!



Crab Cake Remoulade Sauce

  • ¼ cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
  • Dash of Worcestershire sauce
  • Dash of hot sauce

1. Mix mayonnaise, mustard, and sauces with spoon until blended.

2. Refrigerate before serving on crab cakes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment